Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight oh Lord my Strength and my Redeemer.



Sunday, April 4, 2010

A Mother's Blessing

Sometimes I attend this small church near my condo on Saturday evenings. I began to go because I really enjoy their Praise and Worship which is led by a Family there. However, one thing I really enjoy is the older women that attend. Their Godly wisdom and love for the Lord is such a witness and challenge to me. They are very maternal toward me and I know they study God's Word regularly.

As I was driving there last night I was thinking specifically about the maternalness of the women and how I loved them.

At the end of our communion service a sweet lady came over to me and asked me "Does your Mother pray Blessings over you". I told her that my mother died a year and a half ago. She asked if she could pray a blessing over me and reminded me of God's love for me. Afterwards she told me she was feeling very maternal toward me that evening.

Thank God for Spirtual Mothers!

1 comment: