Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight oh Lord my Strength and my Redeemer.



Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lovin Lee

This weekend I'm traveling to Cleveland, TN to see a friend and will go drive around my old college campus---Lee University.

For those of you who have never been to Lee you are missing out. It is a beautiful campus and truly a campus where Christ is King. Someday my children will go there (they have no choice, mama knows best) and maybe live in one of the dorms I worked in.

Here are some things I miss about College:

Chapel...............yes it's true I miss the great music we had there. A guy at my current church that I went to Lee with will sometimes play drums on Sunday morning, he also did at Lee and it gives me good flashbacks :)

Doom Life-------I loved living and working in the dorms. I miss having hundreds of sisters to hang and grow with

Cafeteria------I miss having tons of people around to eat dinner with........and I miss eating ice cream, cereal and waffles every day and not having to worry about a huge weight gain

Godly Professors-----------especially Mr. Holley and all my School of Religion professors who cared about us individually and not just as another paper to grade

Benches in Alumni Park----of which to sit and watch squirrels and people

Music-----------Great Music at Lee....so much talent!

Bread Ministry--------we used to get up early on Saturday morning and deliver free loaves of bread to this apt complex

Flexible Schedule-----------AKA naps inbetween classes

2 comments:

  1. I miss Lee, too....I miss jamming with friends in Alumni Park...long walks around the campus... random parties at my apartment.. It was definitely a special time in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Jennifer! College was great! : ) I loved having all of my friends in walking distance...and the gym, and large, beautiful grassy spaces where I could read a book or have lunch and watch people play frisbee. It was so easy to hang out with people!

    ReplyDelete