Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight oh Lord my Strength and my Redeemer.



Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Devotion I wrote in 2001

Jennifer's Joyful Devotion
Friends, most of you know that often I leave on my phone message or at the end of my e-mails the scripture "The Joy of the Lord is my Strength" Nehemiah 8:10. Well this scripture has really come alive to me today. What would I do without the JOY of the Lord, the wonderful JOY he gives and the JOY we can have living in him and by worshipping him. As Christians we know that JOY is not based on our circumstances, the trials or happiness we are presently experiencing, but true JOY comes from God and trusting in his promises. God is teaching me a lot about trusting in him this week for all things. The last few days minor things have gone wrong, my apt. ceiling is leaking in about 10 different places, something else in my apt. broke, my car all of a sudden won't start but you know what I'm actually happier!!! Why? Because I know that God will work everything out. And these occurances remind me that God is Awesome and bigger than our problems. He may use these things to teach me a lesson or to glorify himself in some way. And how fitting that today God led me to buy a study on James, a book that focuses on wisdom and faith, the second verse of James says, "Consider it pure JOY, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."
So I just want to encourage you to remember WHO gives you your JOY and WHO is your strength.
Romans 14:13"May the God of hope fill you with all JOY and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
IN Christ, Jennifer
God Bless You, and remember the JOY of the Lord is our Strength!!! JJD

No comments:

Post a Comment